Accounts Payable Assistant
We require an Accounts Payable Assistant to join one of Ireland's largest Plcs based in their Head Office in South Dublin. This international business is one of the leading brands in its field and has a reputation for fostering a culture of innovation.
- 6 month FTC
- Handling supplier queries
- Reconciliations of creditor balances to 3rd party statements
- Full compliance with AP controls (e.g. for supplier account management or payment runs)
- Processing for AP prepayment accounts, including matching prepayments against invoices
- Communication with all departments and internal customers on invoices awaiting approval
- Investigating and resolving old creditor balances to ensure that all creditor balances remain within agreed credit terms
- Working closely with Procurement Department, suppliers and customers to ensure that the P2P process is operating at an optimal level (e.g. ensuring receipts are created by buyers)
- Supporting the standardisation and improvement of processes, procedures, controls and systems (e.g. Oracle, iProc, iExpenses, Adest)
- 3+ years experience working in a high invoice volume AP function
- Strong financial systems experience
- Experience of Oracle AP an advantage. Experience of an AP OCR system a distinct advantage
- Invoice processing experience, including entry, GL distribution and matching to eProcurement GRN’s. Experience of Oracle iProc an advantage.
- Understanding of Irish and UK VAT rules for AP invoice processing is a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated compliance with key controls in an AP environment.
- Strong MS Office knowledge, including Intermediate-level Excel (e.g. pivot tables and formulae)
- 3rd level or professional qualification in accounting or business desirable, but not essential
- Focused on achieving results and meeting deadlines
- Well organised with ability to effectively manage heavy workload
What's on offer
- Competitive salary
- Industry leading training
- Promotional opportunities